Fashion Designer Position
HDMH Apparel is a fashion brand that strives to inspire and encourage society, while motivating the youth to overcome adversity and chase their dreams. We specialize in active, athletic and casual wear. We have also expanded into the sports world and created HDMH brand uniforms (baseball/softball). As we are growing our brand ,we are looking to further develop our team.
We are looking for a creative individual who can visualize the direction of fashion and wants to use their artistic talent to bring positive vibes to others as they take on the world.
We are looking to hire a Fashion Designer with an interest or specialty in athletic and casual wear. In this role, you will be supporting and assisting our Director Of Operations with quality and construction of products through our development and production stages. In addition to producing tech packs, assisting in fittings and communicating daily with overseas factories, this role entails the daily tracking of our production calendars. The Designer will keep an eye on the most popular and latest trends, as well as interpret specific color palettes, patterns, and prints for each season.
For this position, you must be extremely motivated to represent the brand in a positive way with a strong emphasis to detail. You must be passionate about fashion, as well as be able to express yourself creatively. The person should also have a deep understanding and appreciation for the HDMH Brand and all it represents.
Typical day duties: Read and answer emails. Connect with team to streamline workflow and deadlines. Research and sketch directional ideas for presentations. Present ideas to team and leadership, create tech packs/BOMs and pass-off as needed.
- Conduct market research to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques, and seek design inspiration.
- Collaborate with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to the line and create new concepts.
- Create tech-packs and manage virtual boards in AI. Build trim preorder charts and BOMS in excel.
- Present key items and styles at alignment meeting to the leadership team. Must be able to prepare a focused & compelling digital presentation.
- Brainstorm with the design team to come up with new ideas, patterns and styles.
- Help spec garments from the 1st prototype through final production sample.
- Approve fit and functionality of all products to ensure design integrity.
- Schedule fit models and studio spaces.
- Follow up communication with overseas factories regarding development and production.
- Daily tracking of packages and samples.
- Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Produce technical flat sketches.
- Review graded spec sheets for bulk production.
- Present story, mood, color boards and samples to the team.
- Sketch drawings using various mediums including paint, charcoals, colored pencils and computer software programs.
- Produce drawings and layouts that will be used in catalogues, magazines, brochures, flyers, commercials and other advertising media.
- Communicate fashion ideas through sketches, layouts, drafts and drawings.
- 2+ years design experience – creating tech packs, BOMS, basic knowledge of proportions.
- Portfolio showing tech packs.
- Prefer candidates who have experience in RETAIL: eg: Nike, Adidas, Outdoor Voices, Lululemon, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, as well as Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in fashion design, merchandising and apparel production, or an equivalent.
- Bachelors degree in design or fine arts, or college degree in fashion design or related field.
- Excellent design and conceptual skills.
- Excellent sense of style and color.
- Proven work experience as an Illustrator, Graphic Designer or similar role.
- Demonstrable portfolio of completed illustrations.
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Drawing skills with an attention to detail (both by hand and digital pen).
Job Type: Full-time. Part-time.
- Work: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Fully Remote
- 2+ years in fashion design field (Preferred)
Where to Apply:
Please send your resume and references to Jobs@HDMHApparel.com